From Science to Business
15.—16.12. • 9.00am—5.00pm
Dieser Workshop wird veranstaltet zusammen mit unseren Partnerinstitutionen:
- Julius-Maximilians-Universität Würzburg
- Universität Regensburg
- Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg
- Otto-Friedrich-Universität Bamberg
- Max-Planck-Institut für die Physik des Lichts
Discover your entrepreneurial spirit! Young Entrepreneurs in Science is an interactive workshop programme for PhDs and academics to help you ignite your entrepreneurial spirit! Together with your peers, learn methods and skills to realise your innovative potential, led by professional innovation coaches.
Your Innovation Skills
- Introduction to the innovator’s skill set
- Reflection on one’s own skill set
- Discovering the entrepreneurial superpowers within the group
- Learn and reflect on relevant future trends in a specific field (STEEP trend & key factor analysis)
- Discover possible futures that are worth being prepared for
- Develop a future scenario that you would like to make a reality
- Understanding a problem as a basis for innovative ideation
- Getting to know different brainstorming methods and test them
- Generating, evaluating, and selecting ideas
- Introduction to working in teams
- Agility and self-organised teams (VUCA)
- Role model Q&A with a team expert
Business Model Canvas
- Introduction to business modeling vs. business planning; getting to know the Business Model Canvas
- Hands-on working with the elements of the Business Model Canvas
- Reflection and exchange on how to apply the tool outside the workshop
Our workshops are tailored to PhDs and postdocs of all disciplines, as well as early-career researchers and academic staff.
Our workshops are held in English. They are intended for participants at level B2 or higher of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
We use the Zoom video conferencing software for our online workshops and webinars.
Participation in our workshops and webinars is free of charge.
No prior knowledge or experience in the areas of entrepreneurship, startups or other business ventures is necessary. A genuine interest in these topics is sufficient!
You will receive a confirmation email approx. 14 days before the beginning of the workshop. Make sure to check your SPAM folder. This email will include the login data for Zoom and the login for the event page, where you can access the workshop’s agenda. If the workshop is full, you will be placed on a waiting list and notified if a place becomes available. If you have not received a confirmation, you may apply again for a different workshop.
It is important to us that the workshops bring together a diverse group of participants from different disciplines and universities. We currently admit up to 35 participants per workshop. If all places are filled, we will place you on our waiting list and inform you if a place becomes available.
You will receive a certificate of participation upon successful completion of the workshop. If you could not attend the full workshop, you are not eligible for a certificate.
Yes, our workshops are aimed at researchers who have not started a business, but want to explore their entrepreneurial potential. You can participate in the workshop even if you do not have a concrete idea of how to translate your research into a business venture.
Our workshops are open to researchers of all disciplines. We believe that every research field has great potential to enrich society with innovative ideas. Furthermore, business ideas developed by interdisciplinary teams are more successful in the long term.
In order to guarantee the best workshop experience for all participants, please make sure you are present for the entirety of the workshop. You’ll receive your certificate of participation after having successfully participated in the whole workshop.
You will be able to download your participant handout 1–3 days after the workshop via the login details provided in the confirmation and follow-up emails.
If you have difficulty registering online, try using a different browser. If you are still unable to register online, please send an email to: email@example.com.
You can write an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will receive a detailed agenda before the workshop, after your registration has been confirmed.
Für bestimmte Inhalte wie Downloads, Zertifikate und der Agenda ist ein Passwort nötig, das du von uns erhältst.